Saturday, May 8, 2010

8 days......

2 weeks ago today, I headed off to work, had a crummy day, and was so happy to come home to relax, see my family, and go to sleep.
I came home and Ella and Paul were hiding to scare me......we had a laugh. Logan was asleep already. I was getting a drink in the kitchen and we heard Logan coughing and then starting to cry.....He had thrown up ALOT!!!! Paul put him in the tub while I hopped in the shower and then I took him to the couch to comfort him.....He proceeded to throw up more and more.....
About 30 minutes later, Ella woke up and started throwing up...... Paul then told me that he wasn't feeling good! About 11pm, I called my sister in tears and told her that she had to come help me..... It was just AWFUL! In about 2 hours time, Logan had vomited about 15 times. I called the dr. at work and I knew what he would tell me, but I just didn't want to hear it. SO....Suz and I packed Logan up and headed to the ER. In the 4 hours we were there, they gave him some medication and he drank some apple juice and perked up...... he was doing great so we headed home and arrived back about 4AM. While we were gone, poor Paul and Ella continued to vomit so they were exhausted when I got home. After about 2 hours of sleep, I was up with Logan who started having diarrhea.......Paul and Ella would soon join that club as well :0(
When the 3 of them took a long nap, I headed to Target to stock up on toilet paper, diapers, popsicles, gatorade, chicken soup, pedialyte, etc.......
Logan did really well and ate a little and drank a little, but was playful. Paul and Ella still felt crummy all day.
Monday morning, Paul felt all better and Ella was perky as well. I happily thought it was all behind us since Logan had been doing so well. He actually had gotten up throughout that night just to drink.......
Well, Logan had a ROUGH morning and I knew I had to take him in to the doctor.....
She also told me what I knew was coming, but didn't want to hear, so we headed back to the ER for some IV fluids.
Unfortunately, Logan didn't perk up and we had to be admitted. His poor little body just had gotten soooooo dehydrated and even though he wasn't vomiting anymore and was eating and drinking, he just couldn't catch up......
The first night he did well and we got a bit of sleep while he got his fluids.....
The next day, he didn't drink much and we knew we weren't going home.....
He did perk up a bit for his visitors and we went to sleep thinking he was on the mend....
Well, he ended up throwing up twice that night, his abdomen was distended, and we had to do an xray to make sure he didn't have an obstruction.....ROUGH NIGHT!!!!
Luckily, everything looked okay and he did better the following day......We decided that evening that he could go home.....
The first night at home he did well.....
The next day, he didn't want to drink much and 30 minutes after he went to sleep, he vomited.....OH NO! What was happening. Out of pure exhaustion, we just couldn't go back to the ER so I slept on the couch with him and watched him closely.
The next day, he did a bit better.....on the mend???? Well, again 30 minutes after going to sleep he vomited..... OH NO!
Day 8 was the next day and we FINALLY had our little guy back.
He lost 2.5 pounds and was SO skinny. What little bit of chub he may have had was gone.
He was drinking and eating and even though we had MAJOR anxiety putting him to bed, he didn't vomit and slept!
We still don't know what it was.....food poisoning or stomach bug....
Whatever it was, it was HORRIBLE!

Ella finally managing some crackers and a pedialyte popsicle
So weak.......before his 2nd trip to the ER
Admitted to the hospital......sad boy, just not feeling good
Managing a smile when daddy visited
Day 2 in the hospital....important to text your friends :0)
Early morning visit from Uncle Pat, thanks for bringing me breakfast and coffee!
Coloring with Grams and Papa
Day 3.....finally wanting to eat a bit.....

Thanks to everyone for your visits and prayers.....

It was a rough week!

No comments: