Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy 8 Years!!!

8 years ago today, at this very moment, I was standing in the back of a church with my dad waiting for the bagpipes to ring out....


What a perfect day it was, surrounded by our family and friends!


I love to look back at all of our photos from that day.....I remember it all like it was yesterday.


Getting my hair done with some friends and my family (loved my hair), hanging out with the girls at our new house and getting my make-up done (loved my make-up, thanks Jo), getting dressed (with lots of help) at the church and peeking out the window watching the guests arrive, my heart pounding as I walked down the isle with my dad, looking around at everyone at the Church and being so happy they were all there with us, the look on Paul's face when he saw me for the first time that day, the ceremony and our dad's both doing a reading, the unity candle, our vows, our first kiss as husband and wife, walking back up the isle and seeing everyone's smiling faces, the reception and celebration!!! Just perfect!!!


These 8 year have had some ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade any of it!


Happy Anniversary Paul!!!




2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your wedding was AWESOME!! I loved the bagpipes being played- it was so romantic/cool :) and something I had never personally seen!! I am so happy that you guys are celebrating your 8th anniversary...here's to so many more!!!!!!

Shaw Family said...

As long as you have more ups than downs- you're doing awesome! I am so excited for you to celebrate this glorious day... What a blessing. BTW-you look amazing-your hair, your skinniness, wow GORGEOUS!!!