Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Great Doctor

Logan had his follow-up this past Monday and everything is healing great.
He will have a repeat test in about 2 to 3 months to make sure that everything is 'fixed' on the inside.
I just feel so lucky that I get to work with alot of different doctors and am able to pick only the 'best' for my kids. (even if it means about a million phone calls to the insurance company)
Dr.Berkman is fantastic!
It is NOT easy to find out that something is wrong with your baby, but it was made easier knowing that Logan was in great hands and that his doctor did 'care' about what happened to him.
We always knew that if we ever had a question or if there was ever any concerns, we could call him anytime.
He definitely was right there with us 'hoping' that Logan would outgrow his 'issue' and avoid surgery and when that didn't happen, we could tell how bad he felt having to tell us what was next.
We knew he was doing what was best for Logan and that made our decision easy.
The hardest moment for me was walking out of the OR and leaving Logan.......when I walked out with big tears in my eyes, Dr Berkman walked over to me, gave me a hug, and walked me out to the waiting room where Paul was and told us, "He will do great."
I will never forget that he did that for me.

There are some bad doctors, some good doctors, and some GREAT doctors!
Logan was taken care of by the BEST!
Thanks Dr. Berkman!

No comments: