Thursday, March 25, 2010

The rash that won't go away......




So, it's back in full force....... (not that it has stayed away for more than 7 days since it started well over 6 weeks ago)


Ella was in tears on Tuesday and just couldn't take it anymore. It hurt, itched, and she was devastated by it when she looked in the mirror.


I called the dermatology office yesterday and asked if she could PLEASE be fit in to be seen since her doctor is only in that office on Wednesdays. Her appointment was made for 3:10pm and I was so sad that I couldn't go with.....daddy was responsible for taking Ella on his own since I was at work.


I un-patiently waited an hour and a half after appointment time and then began calling to see what was going on.......


The doctor was glad that we brought her back in. Unfortunately the time had come for more 'drastic measures' and they had to do a biopsy. I guess about 10 doctors came in to see the rash, take photos of it, and examine it under the microscope. Originally, the plan was to biopsy the 'bad' part on her neck, but Ella just could not tolerate that. Ouch, I can't imagine the needle into her neck to numb the area.....ugh! So after some debate, it was decided that the area on the back of her leg is the same rash, just not as inflamed. Poor Paul had to hold Poor Ella down while they injected the numbing medication and then scooped out a small bit of skin from her leg. So devastating! I guess she gave the doctor a hug to make him feel better since her was so sad to have had to 'hurt her'.


It was a rough time for both Ella and daddy.


When I spoke to Ella on the phone, she sadly told me in a whimpering voice, "I was brave mommy but I had to cry. It hurt SO bad"........my heart was officially broken.


So now we wait.......approximately 10 to 14 days before the biopsy comes back and I PRAY for a simple fix to this BIG problem.


Ella was doing well when I got home and and has done well today. She just wants to be "all better"

1 comment:

Mama of two ~ said...

oh my goodness, Leslie..that made me so sad to read that.. I read this with a pouty lip and tears...poor baby! I hate when these things happen and there is no way around the hard dealings with the matter at hand. Poor Ella girl and mommy and daddy. Sometimes moments in life our sour lemons! I really hope they find out the cause of this rash!