Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Not SO Great Morning

I have had storytime at the library on my schedule for a while. Last week we were a bit late so this week we were going to be on time. I got ready before Paul headed out to work. Logan was fed. Ella was eating strawberries and coloring while Logan played happily in the playpen and THEN our frequently clogging toilet decided to overflow and then start leaking from underneath. FABULOUS! So after cleaning up that disgusting-ness. I was wiping my sweat and heading upstairs to quickly get Logan (who missed his nap because I was cleaning up disgusting-ness) dressed so we could head out...... I came back downstairs to find Ella who had an 'accident' while I was upstairs. She was so focused on t.v. that she pottied in her undies......and all over her shoes since she was already dressed to leave. This was her 3rd accident in 2 days and she NEVER has accidents so mommy wasn't very happy. We were all in tears at this point as I soaked up the carpet. Ella then proceeded to tell me that I had hurt her feelings which made me feel horrible. We had a big group hug, regrouped, and decided to hurry up and make it to storytime. Ella got a big apology from mommy for not talking 'nice' to her and she asked if we could shake hands and be friends again......She is so sweet and her little heart gets 'hurt' from the smallest thing. Lets hope these accidents are over and since it is after noon, let's hope this day gets a little easier!

No comments: